September is Rally Month!
Rally day? Just one day to celebrate the beginning of the ministry year? Nope. At First Church, we go big or we go…well, we welcome you home!
Sunday, September 10 – Worship changes + First Church Family Art Event
– All: Discovery Time begins again! Children grades K-5th receive a customized lesson during the sermon.
– All: Choir and Handbells begin anew for the year. Contact Elisabeth, our Music Director, to join in with your musical gifts!
– All: After worship, all are invited to join our families to create individual canvases of art for your home or work. “Keep Calm and Paint On! is a colorful opportunity for you to get away from your everyday routine and relax, hang out with friends while following the step by step instruction of artist Ashwini Sadekar to recreate a selected painting and take it home.” There will be a participation fee ($15/Adult, $10/Middle & High School Youth, $5/K-5th), to cover the cost of materials. Contact Jonathyn Kraig, our Director of Children & Youth Ministry, to register!
– Sunday school teachers: Our annual training event is at 9AM, covering curriculum, security, classroom management, and welcoming newcomers.
Sunday, September 17 – Guest Preacher + Women’s Retreat weekend
– Women: join the Women’s Retreat held this weekend.
– All: First Church will welcome guest preacher Rev. Shalom Agtarap, the Associate Director of Strategic Faith Community Development for the Greater Pacific Northwest.
Sunday, September 24 – Fall Education Hour Begins!
– Children and youth: Education Hour begins at 9AM. Come learn about our 2017-2018 theme “Keeping it Rooted, Keeping it Relevant, Keeping it Real.”
– Adults: Education Hour begins at 9AM. For more information see the Adult Programs kiosk in the Narthex.
– All: After church, cake and punch to celebrate our Rally Month!